It happens to most of us – creative people – once in a while; writer’s block & feeling so damn uninspired. Pressuring yourself to stay in front of your computer, is certainly not the way to go. I know it isn’t easy when you’re a computer nerd like myself, but practice makes perfect.
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. - Edward de Bono
These 20 things might help you out when you’re feeling uninspired:
1. Pinterest exists for a reason, you know.
2. Check your collection of books & magazines while sipping a cup of tea. I bet you haven’t looked at those in a while and some things just look better on paper.
3. Do absolutely nothing at all, it’s great to be bored once in a while. Now this is something I have to work on myself…
4. Grab lunch with friends and have a chat about your daily musings.
5. Stay away from the computer, unplug & live life. At least, give it a go! There are so many more inspiring things than facebook! When did you last try a new recipe or had some diy time?
6. Clear your mind and go out for a run, or any other sports might do the trick.
7. Pamper yourself, you’re worth it. Get a massage or a facial, make your own hair mask, take a hot bath with lots and lots of bath foam. Instant energy boost coming your way!
8. Bedroom fun! Do I need to say more… really?
9. Watch a movie… heck, do a movie marathon together with your best friends. Pjs & onesies are a must!
10. Get out of the house and do ‘fun stuff’. Seeing the same white walls all over again won’t give you new, fantastic ideas. Go to a gig, a cocktailbar or anything else you really enjoy.
11. Do something you’ve never done before. Why not do a several things on your bucket list? This can go from pole dancing to embroidery classes to traveling around the world.
12. Check out your old sketchbook and schoolwork. Remember how 'free' you used to be?
13. Meet new people, plenty of possibilities to do so. Let’s start with… ‘walk out of the door’… you can handle it from there!
14. Organize a brainstorm & come up with some ideas on how to enlarge your business empire.
15. Travel and get in touch with the locals, their culture and habits, visit the non-touristic places,…
16. In fact, jump into your car right now, call your most enthusiastic friend and go on a road trip.
17. Parties can be fun too, you know! (the hangover… not so much)
18. Enjoy an afternoon in the sun and prepare a picnic. Happy thoughts assured!
19. Plan a makeover and go on a shopping trip.
20. Dance like there’s no tomorrow to tunes from ‘the old days’.
What are the things you do to get the fire back?