I admit, I'm THE WORST when it comes to paperwork. The thought of it simply makes me shiver. I have years and years piled up in boxes and even though I like to have structure in my life, I just never managed to get this part 'under control'. I'd rather hide underneath a blanket and pretend it doesn't exist. But yesterday, the time had come (hallelujah!) & I finally took the first step to 'getting my shit together'. My dear friend Sarah came over and - after breathing in and out for a couple of times, trying to calm ourselves down - we finally dived in. We planned on doing this for a long time, but somehow there were other, more interesting things going on... like summer, trying out new recipes, sunbathing, TurboFire, ... you know, fun times! I mean... what would you choose?
So that battle against 'The Monster of all Monsters' started yesterday and I must say, we fought like badasses! Although there was some alcohol involved (Hey, we did need SOME motivation), we did a pretty good job at not finding excuses this time and getting that mean bastard to shut up. It hasn't been all fun & glitter to see those old reminders of times that just weren't easy, but there were also some treasures hiding in there as well, which made it so much more enjoyable!
This thursday we're finishing it all off and will be putting all the paperwork in folders, so I won't have to worry about not finding the right documents ever again. And trust me, that's a BIG relief! So you see, it hasn't been all THAT bad! What have you been putting off for so long? What is it that will make you feel 10 times better when you've finally done it? Finish that MF-er, eat that damn frog, you'll feel so much better afterwards!
And last but not least, some tips & tricks on how to get started:
- Find a mate to help you out, it'll go so much faster and it'll be waaaay more fun.
- Set a date that - no matter what - paperwork is GOING to happen!
- No excuses allowed! Think how you'll feel when it'll all get done!
- Just get started. Once you got the hang of it, you won't be able to stop!
- Make sure you have everything ready. Get some folders, tape, pens & paper.
- Drink alcohol after the job, not before! ;-) (or just 1 glass to get you started)
- Put on some fun music to keep you in the mood.
YOU GOT THIS! If I can do it, your surely can! Can't wait to see how you sort out your life! :-)